The world is fast-changing. Our students of today have to not just survive but thrive to face these challenges and seize the opportunities brought about by key driving forces such as globalisation, changing demographics and technological advancements. For this, MOE has identified 21st Century Competencies which will help our students to embody the Desired Outcomes of Education (DOE). These competencies enforce that knowledge and skills must be underpinned by values as values define an individual’s character.
Who Should Attend?
Many educationalists are still not very sure or not yet equipped with the knowledge about the explanation of 21st century skills as well as concerned about how to inculcate these skills into the curriculum. This workshop is designed for educators/facilitators,trainers or individuals who wish to familiarise themselves with the 21st Century Life Skills
Overview of the 21st Century Competencies Model
• Know why it was introduced
• Benefits on being equipped with 21st century Life-Skills
• Disadvantages of not being trained in life skills
Social Emotional Competencies
• Identifying if you belong to the inactive, reactive or proactive category
• Know your circle of concern and influence
• Resolve a personal/work challenge by applying the above learnt technique
• How to develop your personal life blueprint
• Know to ask ‘what do I want’ and answering truthfully when in doubt
• Write your own personal mission statement
• How to use the time-matrix to move towards your goal
• How to plan your weekly schedule to achieve your highest priorities
• Test out your planned schedule and assess if your weekly schedule is effective
• How to create win-win situations
• How to make emotional deposits
• Access an interpersonal situation, discuss as a group and find a win-win situation
• What is empathic listening?
• Know in which situations to apply empathic listening.
• How to value differences
• Benefits of valuing differences
• Tips to synergise with people
• How to identify an issue using a simple brainstorming technique
• How to apply higher way strategy into decision making
• The four dimensions of self – management
• How to analyse if your lacking care in any of the four dimensions
• How to come up with solutions for self-management
• How to identify obstacles and overcome them
• Learn in detail on: Respect, Resilience, Responsibility, Harmony, Care and Integrity.
• What is innovation and Critical thinking
• What is Civic Literacy, Global Awareness and Cultural Skills
• What is communication, collaboration and Information Skills
- Have a good understanding of the Core Values (Resilience, Respect, Responsibility, Harmony, Care), Social Emotional Competencies (Self-Awareness, Self-management, Social Awareness, Relationship Management and Responsible Decision-Making) and also emerging 21st Century Competencies (Civic Literacy, Global Awareness & Cross-cultural Skills; Critical and Inventive Thinking; Communication, Collaboration and Information Skills).
- Understand the concepts through exercises and activities.
Certificates will be given to participants to mark the completion of being equipped with 21st Century Life Skills. Materials and handouts will be given to participants for reference.
Activity based learning (ABL):
• Interactive exercises
• Short bursts of sharing sessions
About the Trainer:
Su is a MOE registered instructor and have been conducting corporate training in organisations, life skills trainings and enrichment workshops in schools and organisations for about 10 years now.
She graduated in Mechanical Engineering from Ngee Ann Polytechnic and started her career as a Combat Technician in a Singapore Warship. After 3 years, she left the force to join the private sector and headed a Mechanical Calibration Section for a year. Later she joined the public service and for 10 years and handled diverse portfolios and that included corporate trainings. While working, she completed her Bachelors in Business Administration and ACTA to train other professionally.
On her 10th year with the Public Service, Su decided to channel her true potential for growth by rejuvenating herself. She challenged herself to take up a 200 hours Yoga Instructor Certification and towards the end of her course, found confidence to quit her senior position in IRAS as an Organisation Excellence Officer and started her own training and development business. Su then undertook personalised training from Brian Lee, an experienced new broadcaster on presentation skills to further prepare herself to train others.
She has also attended ‘Super Sensory Development Workshop’ by Genius Mind Academy and conducts unique workshops on brain development for kids. She has since further enhanced her practise with a mindful breathing certification and also have been coached on ‘stress and lifestyle management’ and certified by Dr. Binod Ghimire, a rehabilitation practice specialist. Su is passionate about creating positive difference on existing training cultures and aims not only to help individuals discover their strengths but also envision their abilities to achieve greater things in life.
She is a firm believer of contributing back to the society and conducts activities for children at risk in her free time.